Sunday 2 October 2016

Production Interactive - Environmental Game Asset


Production:Interactive 
 -Environmental Game Asset-



I researched different styles of tropical trees so I could get a feel for variation in shape when drawing up silhouette concepts. I experimented with different leaf shapes and trunk direction. The animated part of the asset will be the leaves swaying side to side. 




Here I was looking at a small treasure chest that could appear in the game. Its animated motion would be it opening and closing. I gathered inspiration for possible styles and how it would look if it were modelled. I want to keep it quite simple so it's easier to model and fit the games simple low-poly style.



In the game we planned a part where the player travels through a cave so I did a concept of water dripping from a forming stalactite. 

From here I will select 2 concepts and develop them until polished with colour and move to modelling and animating the asset. 
The 2 concepts I want to polish will most likely be the tree and the chest as I wouldn't know how to create a water drop effect. 

This will be a stressing week but I hope to get a model done with animation and added to the groups scene. It's quite difficult when you don't have the programme at home but I will try and hopefully I remember how to use Maya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment