Tuesday 4 October 2016

Production Interactive - Environmental Game Asset


Production:Interactive 
 -Environmental Game Asset-

I'm currently finishing up the 2 digital polished concepts for the game asset. The palm tree on the left is almost finished I just need to draw its intended motion which will be the leaves swaying. The chest is done showing its animated motion of opening and closing.

I intend to model build the chest.  My first challenge was remembering how to work the program MAYA while trying to build the chest.
 
I created an orthographic of the chest to help me begin modelling it so I could get the shape near exact. Apparently the way I started building was going to give me problems later on so with the help from another classmate they showed me an easier route so I could later implement it myself. I still have trouble remembering where things are in Maya but I think I got the gist of what was being taught to me.


The finishing before animating it opening and closing. I added flat colours to the chest because it was simple and fit the simple aesthetic of the game design. I don't have an image of the interior of the chest but I made it hollow and then gave the inner faces a red lambert material for a velvet like interior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment